Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Madness


So, this weekend started much the same as the previous weekend. Last Saturday, I went to my car in order to drive out to Warwick to pick up an antique German clock I had left at a repair shop. My car was not where I had left it! It had been towed to the NYPD impound lot at 207th. I had to pay to retrieve the car at 34th. $185, thank you. I couldn't get the car out until Monday, so I had to change plans and stay in the City. This Saturday, I started to drive my car (again, to Warwick) and a squeaking noise greeted me from somewhere near the front wheel. Pretty soon, it sounded as if I were dragging sheet metal under the car. I called my trusty USAA insurance company, they sent a tow truck and promptly delivered me to the Toyota of Manhattan dealership. I had a good cry while waiting for the tow truck, but the nice tow truck guys cheered me up and I decided to save the day by seeing some of the sights down where the dealership was, 45th and 11th. I bought a ticket to see The King's Speech and had Memphis ribs at Virgil's near Times Square. The food and the movie were both great. Especially the movie!

Today, Sunday, I went to church and then went to the Met, which is just two blocks from church. They were having a special exhibition of Paul Cezanne's series of drawings and paintings about card players. (see picture above) I also saw an amazing mosaic from Lod, Israel, that has never before been displayed. It was beautiful! (see a small section below)



Finally, I visited the multimedia exhibit titled Guitar Heroes. Oh, I love my sons; all three are guitar players. I walked across the park on this beautiful sunny day and rode the M10 bus home to Beth and Brandon's to see my grand babies. Tomorrow, I get to pick up my car at the repair shop. Next weekend I'll try again for that trip out to Warwick.

No comments: