Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One Week In


I've been in Manhattan for one week, today. I've been staying at Brandon and Beth's and they have been so patient with Ivy, who is having post-surgical trouble with her bladder. She is getting better every day, though, and I hope will soon be able to let us know when she needs to go outside.

The day was made more fun due to the hour I got to spend with Zeke and Jason. We ran some errands and Zeke kept me entertained while Jason drove. Zeke is a sweetheart! Starting today I have an exciting few days planned with Susan Mochizuki, who is coming to visit from Washington state. Well, the fact that her son is going to Princeton and is here for the summer helped convince her to fly out here. We are going to visit the Princeton campus and on Thursday do some sightseeing in Philadelphia with her old college roommate. On Friday, I will return to NYC to do some housesitting until the end of June, but she will join me on Sunday and we'll take in some of the many sights here in New York City. I'm really looking forward to seeing her as it has been almost three years.

Finishing laundry before I leave for the Newark airport to pick up Susan! B & B got cable today, just in time for the World Cup! So fun! In other news, Levi turns 6 on Saturday and we are planning a family party at the house where I will be staying. (The owner made the suggestion) It just so happens a swimming pool is in their backyard, so I'm sure we will have lots of fun!

No comments: